• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

GI cleanse

Pillthrill

Bluelighter
After YEARS of doing opiates and other drugs my insides are ALL messed up.
MY GI track just doesn't work the was its supposed to. I'm sure my liver isn't great either but that is another story.
Anyway,
anyone have any quick, easy, cheap cleansing recipes?
Perhaps one I can throw in a a blender...would be nice if I could drink it and idk, not have to gag it down.

I've heard everything from oatmeal, to carrots, to honey...
What do I need to be doin here. I want this thing running like its supposed to. :D

nothing but uncooked fruit and vergetables, if you cant handle that, some brown... mainly fruit so you wont miss that sweetness.. try stick to fresh organic uncooked

brown rice^ prunes are a good one to get you unblocked. just avoid processed junk like the plague

Really, opiate WD's are one of the best ways to clean your system out, right?

MY GI track just doesn't work the was its supposed to. I'm sure my liver isn't great either but that is another story.

Not another story: same story. The gallbladder, part of the liver, is one of the most important digestive organs.

Juice fasts are good for resting and sort of "resetting" the digestive track.

It depends a lot on your personal situation and what your body likes and doesn't like. For me, I don't tolerate most grains at all. So while some people might get some awesome bowel movements going from eating a lot of oatmeal, for ME, oatmeal would sit in my gut like cement and leave me constipated and sick for weeks.

So that's why I think before attempting any sort of cleanse, one would need to first figure out the optimal diet for their body. Grains, no grains, meat, no meat, any food sensitivies, etc.

When I first got into alternative health I attempted a lot of colon cleanses and stuff which involved stuffing my insides with tons of fiber but I've since learned that isn't always the best thing. Some fiber is important but for me tons of fiber does more harm than good. It really clogs me up. I learned a lot over time about my body, and that is how I got to the point where I really saw how fasting on juices healed my insides much better than stuffing them with fiber.

If you've never cleansed before, I recommend starting with diet. Add more salads, greens, basic fruits, etc. See how you feel. Keep it simple. Maybe do an elimination diet to test for any sensitivities. A naturopath friend told me that one should be on a simple diet with lots of healthy raw foods like salads (loaded with artificial preservative filled dressings = doesnt count, make them all organic and natural) for awhile before attempting any sort of cleanse. She also said that drinking a few cups of red clover tea a day can help get the body into healing mode before attempting any major cleanse. I really think she is right because cleansing can unleash such a scary amount of toxins all at once that it's better to start slow.

Overall, Id say

1) remove all processed foods
2) eat raw and organic
3) eat enough protein for your metabolic type, whatever that may be,
4) figure out any individual sensitivies and remove those foods if necessary (dairy, glutens, etc)
5) make sure to get healthy bacteria into your gut (kefir, kimchi, etc)
6) Then you can start doing cleanses such as liver, gut, parasite cleansing, etc.

Parasite cleansing is REALLY important but you want to get everything else in order first before tackling all that, if it's your wish to do so. Cleanses are crucial but diet has to be right otherwise it's like mopping a floor and then dumping paint all over it right after.

Hope that helps!